These recipes are very practical and go well on any occasion. The really simple and common ingredients are always available, and in the end they make a harmonious and exquisite combination.
When it comes to salads there can be many, but one that is fabulous as the ones in this article, is the spanish shrimp and rice made with jasmine rice. In addition to its great flavors, it is very easy to make. It consists of a few steps that can be finished in a very short time. It is also a perfect option for those who want to pamper their palate, it is nutritious and healthy.
Tips for these recipes: It is important to take into account that the preparation of the rice requires attention, to control the amount of water and thus avoid a pasty texture, it must be al dente.
Rice and chicken salad
Its ingredients are reminiscent of Asian cuisine, prepared with a very Mediterranean seasoning and complements, making this meal a unique dish that you can eat cold, as a salad, or warm.
- 2 cups of long grain rice.
- 1 and a half cups of frozen peas.
- 26 oz of chicken.
- 5 oz of cooked or grilled shrimps.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts.
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Fresh black pepper.
- Olive oil.
- Assorted mushrooms (optional).
To prepare the chicken and rice salad recipe you won’t need to invest a lot of time and, if you know how to organize yourself in the kitchen, you can have it ready in less than half an hour.
All you need to do is:
- Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan until golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice with a teaspoon of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add the olive oil slowly, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Boil the frozen peas in a pan with salt and remove before they soften, as they need to be somewhat firm for this chicken and rice salad. It usually takes less than three minutes to get them just right. Once this time is up, remove the peas with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the rice to the water in the casserole and cook until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Remove the excess water and let the rice rest in the casserole dish, covered. After ten minutes, transfer the rice to a large bowl and stir to avoid clumping.
- Fry the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fry the shrimp, if not already cooked, and set aside.
- Chop the parsley and chives, once washed.
- Add the chicken, prawns, pine nuts, chives, parsley and lemon zest to the rice bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Place the finished chicken and rice salad in the refrigerator to chill.
If you feel like trying it as a hot dish, you can add a mixture of grilled mixed mushrooms to complete it.
Tuna and rice salad
This unique dish with surprising flavors is great for those hot summer days or even for any other time of the year when you simply want to eat delicious food.
- 1 can of tuna.
- 1 cup of white rice.
- Olive oil.
- Drops of lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
How to make it:
- The first step is to boil the rice with plenty of water and salt. After 15 or 20 minutes it will be ready, then it is passed through a strainer, drained very well and allowed to cool.
- When the rice is at the right temperature, it is mixed with the crumbled tuna, plus the olives chopped in small pieces, also the mayonnaise, the oil and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Once all the ingredients are well integrated, the salad is ready.
- It is great to cook the rice in some broth. This provides a better and more intense flavor.
- As for the presentation, it can be on a bed of lettuce to give it more freshness, another option is to put it in a mold as if it were a pudding.