For people with diet restrictions, the holidays and meetings with friends and relatives can be tough. They often have to elaborate arrangements to cook food that will accommodate their requirements. This is what makes the vegan gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies such a godsend. It is an easy recipe and requires simple ingredients.
Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips RecipeCourse: DessertsCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
Delicious gluten-free pumpkin cookies with chocolate chip. Vegan, dairy-free, with oatmeal and pie spice. It’s easy. Try it!
Gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (1 cup), oat flour, or almond flour
½ cup gluten-free oatmeal
¼ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
3 tbsp coconut sugar, muscovado sugar, or brown sugar
3 tbsp melted coconut oil or melted vegan/dairy-free butter
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon powder
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground cloves
½ cup pumpkin puree (canned or home-made)
½ tsp pure sea salt
1 tsp gluten-free, vanilla extract
½ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- In one large bowl, mix the dry ingredients for the vegan gluten-free pumpkin cookies, which include the flour, oatmeal, coconut, baking powder and soda, sugar, salt, and spices.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, which include the dairy-free butter or oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the contents of the two bowls together until it forms a firm, homogeneous batter.
- Add in the dairy-free chocolate chips and fold them in to spread them uniformly throughout the batter.
- Pre-heat an oven to 350°F.
- Take a parchment paper, use it to line a baking sheet, and set it aside.
- Use a scoop or tablespoon to take out even-sized scoops of the dough for the gluten-free pumpkin cookies and place it on the baking sheet. Keep them evenly spaced and allow enough space between each scoop as they will grow slightly as they bake.
- Bake the gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for 12-18 minutes. You will know they are done when the edges turn golden-brown. You can take them out and check the center with a toothpick or skewer to see if it remains uncooked. If it does, put it back in the oven and bake for a short period as the gluten-free pumpkin cookies overcook easily towards the end.
- Once done, take the chocolate chip cookies out and let them cool on a cooling rack for ten minutes and serve.
In spite of being an easy recipe, the vegan gluten-free pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips are highly nutritious.
One cookie contains about:
- 95 calories
- 5g total fat
- 12-13g carbohydrates
- 1g protein
- 1g fibers
- 5-7g sugar
- almost 0 cholesterol.