Candied red hot cinnamon pickles, the lip-smacking Christmas delicacy, is the ideal canning choice for overgrown cucumbers. Add a proportionate quantity of pickling lime to pamper taste buds from the young to the old. Combining cinnamon sticks with red hot candies lets you prepare this gourmet dish to spark memorable holidays.
About exotic Ingredients for red hot Christmas pickles
Fancy meals, skillfully prepared with high-quality ingredients, are the core of Christmas celebrations. Christmas red pickles soar spirits by pepping blissful times of togetherness, sharing, and spreading love and joy that knows no bounds.
The choicest ingredients help you prepare this sweet and spicy dish, delighting even the most discerning palates.
Easy Christmas Red Sweet Pickles Recipe
Recipe by Delish
Easy-to-Prepare Christmas Pickles Recipe at Your Fingertips. A fancy meal with exotic ingredients. Red hot sweet spicy pickles you may cook right now!
- 8-10 large cucumbers
- 1-2 cups pickling lime
- 16 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 tablespoon alum
- 7-10 cups sugar
- 1 cup red hot candies
- 6-8 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 4 cups water
- Peel cucumbers’ skin, halve them lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Cut cucumbers into ¼-inch crescent shapes, add pickling lime, and water in a ceramic crock until the cucumber pieces drown.
- Cover it and leave it for 24 hours.
- Drain the cucumbers and rinse thoroughly with ice-cold water.
- Again, stock the cucumbers in a large stockpot filled with water and leave it for three hours before draining and rinsing again.
- Return the cucumbers to the stockpot, and add vinegar, food coloring, and alum, with 2 cups of water, cinnamon red hots, and the candies.
- Boil initially, and reduce the heat to simmer for two hours.
- Drain the liquid, and let it cool down a bit before shifting the contents to a glass/ceramic jar.
The final stage
- Combine sugar, 2 cups vinegar, sufficient water, cinnamon candies, and sticks in a saucepan, and heat over medium flame until the candies and sugar dissolve. Pour this mixture over the warm cucumbers. Cover with cheesecloth, and leave it for 24 hours.
- Repeat this process for two more days.
- Transfer the cucumbers into sterilized jars, and add sufficient syrup.
- Seal them and perform a hot bath processing for 20 minutes.
- Your Christmas pickles are ready to be relished.
RED HOT PICKLES VIDEO
Apart from scrumptious taste, your easy Christmas pickles pack a rich dose of nutrients. There’s a good percentage of carbohydrates and a percent of vitamins, calcium, iron, folate, potassium, and magnesium. 84% of calories come from carbs. The good thing is, it’s free from saturated fats and cholesterol.
And don’t forget to decide what you’re wearing for the Christmas party 2020.